kafka-users mailing list archives

From harikiran <harihawk...@gmail.com>
Subject Detecting lost connection in high level consumer
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 02:21:53 GMT
Hi

I am using the 0811 Kafka High level consumer and I have configured "
consumer.timeout.ms" to a value that is not -1, say 5000ms.

I create the consumer iterator and invoke hasNext() method on it.

Irrespective of whether kafka broker was shutdown or there was no message
written to kafka, I see a ConsumerTimeOut exception after 5000ms.

My goal is to detect lost connection and reconnect but I cannot figure out
a way.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks
Hari