kafka-users mailing list archives

From DeJiang Zhu <doujian...@gmail.com>
Subject is RequestTimedOut (error code: 7) retryable in producer?
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:19:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on implementing a lua kafka client [1], but I'm getting
confused: what does `RequestTimedOut` exactly mean.

At first, from The Kafka Protocal [2], I thought producer should retry when
received `RequestTimedOut`.

But later, I found sometimes the messages may have `commited` as well even
I got `RequestTimedOut`, while sometimes not

Also, in sarama[3], retry happens only on `UnknownTopicOrPartition,
NotLeaderForPartition, LeaderNotAvailable` error code;only
`LeaderNotAvailableException` and `NotLeaderForPartitionException` extends
`RetryAbleException` in kafka[4]

I wonder did I misunderstood The Kafka Protocal or was I wrong on something
else I haven't realized.

Looking forward to a reply. Thank you guys in advance. :)

[1] https://github.com/doujiang24/lua-resty-kafka
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol
[3] https://github.com/Shopify/sarama