kafka-users mailing list archives

From nitin sharma <kumarsharma.ni...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka under replicated partitions..
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:40:55 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to know the factors that can cause followers to fall behind
and under-replicated replica getting created?

In my production system , last Friday one of the partitions fell behind and
before i could check my operation team had restarted the follower broker...
Restart did fixed the issue but i would like to know

a. the factors that can cause under replicated partitions
b. how to fix that issue? is restart an option?
c. apart from M-Bean any other way to get to know under-replicated
partition.?

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.