kafka-users mailing list archives

From Guozhang Wang <wangg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MirrorMaker among different version Kafkas
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:40:13 GMT
Since 0.8 has backward incompatible protocol definition with 0.7, to mirror
data between such two DCs you need to use this data migration tool:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Migrating+from+0.7+to+0.8

Moving forward from 0.8 you should be able to use a MM to mirror between
different DCs with different 0.8.x versions.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang