kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sumit Rangwala <sumitrangw...@gmail.com>
Subject Delete topic API in 0.8.2
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:13:34 GMT
I am trying to find if there is a supported API to delete topic (from
within my code) specifically in 0.8.2. One method that I can think of is
calling kafka.admin.TopicCommand.main with the same parameters as one gives
on the command line. Is this the recommended way or is there a better way
of doing it?

Furthermore, are the details of deleting a topic in 0.8.2 documented, since
I would like to understand if delete topic only deletes the topic in
zookeeper or it also cleans the logs in kafka broker as well.

Sumit