kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sumit Rangwala <sumitrangw...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't create a topic; can't delete it either
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 06:27:14 GMT
While running kafka in production I found an issue where a topic wasn't
getting created even with auto topic enabled. I then went ahead and created
the topic manually (from the command line). I then delete the topic, again
manually. Now my broker won't allow me to either create *the* topic or
delete *the* topic. (other topic creation and deletion is working fine).

The topic is in "marked for deletion" stage for more than 3 hours.

$ bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper zookeeper1:2181/replication/kafka  --list
--topic GRIFFIN-TldAdFormat.csv-1422321736886
GRIFFIN-TldAdFormat.csv-1422321736886 - marked for deletion

If this is a known issue, is there a workaround?

Sumit