kafka-users mailing list archives

From Su She <suhsheka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consuming Kafka Messages Inside of EC2 Instances
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:36:37 GMT
Thanks Jonathan!

This was the result, would it be okay for me to kill 3544? Or do I try to
access a new port?:

*sudo netstat -tulpn         | grep 2181*

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2181                0.0.0.0:*
        LISTEN      3544/java

*ps 3544*

PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
3544 ?        Sl     0:19 /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_67-cloudera/bin/java -

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Jonathan Natkins <natty@streamsets.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> [root@ip-10-0-0-45 ~]# *ps 9814*
>   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
>  9814 ?        Sl     8:11 /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_67-cloudera/bin/java -cp
>
> /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/98-zookeeper-server:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.0-1.cdh5.3.0.p0.30/lib/z
>
> Jonathan "Natty" Natkins
> StreamSets | Customer Engagement Engineer
> mobile: 609.577.1600 | linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/nattyice>
>

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Su She <suhshekar52@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried a new approach and have started ec2 instances in a public subnet
> > rather than a private subnet. However, now when I try to start zookeeper
> > get this error. How can I go about solving this issue? Thank you.
> >
> > ERROR Unexpected exception, exiting abnormally
> > (org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain)
> > java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> >         at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
> >         at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:444)
> >         at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:436)
> >         at
> > sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:214)
> >         at
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
> >         at
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:67)
> >         at
> >

> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.configure(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:95)
> >         at
> >

> org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:111)
> >         at
> >

> org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:86)
> >         at
> >

> org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:52)
> >         at
> >

> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:116)
> >         at
> >

> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:78)
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Su She <suhshekar52@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Guozhang for an updated link.
> > >
> > > I read the answer for "Why can't my consumers/producers connect to the
> > > brokers?". I am confused on a couple things. I can ping the private IP
> of
> > >  A (Cluster Launcher) from B (EC2 instance). I can't ping the public ip
> > of
> > > A (or google.com) from B which makes sense as B is in a private
> subnet.
> > > But when I try to connect to the zookeeper at private.ip.A:2181 I get a
> > No
> > > Route to Host error. Is there a reason why I can ping private.ip.A but
> > not
> > > connect to private.ip.A:2181?
> > >
> > > I have not changed any of my server or producer properties. I have
> tried
> > > to change advertised host name, but no luck.

I was