kafka-users mailing list archives

From Su She <suhsheka...@gmail.com>
Subject Consuming Kafka Messages Inside of EC2 Instances
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:03:38 GMT
Hello All,

I have set up a cluster of EC2 instances using this method:

http://blogs.aws.amazon.com/bigdata/post/Tx2D0J7QOVRJBRX/Deploying-Cloudera-s-Enterprise-Data-Hub-on-AWS

As you can see the instances are w/in a private subnet. I was wondering if
anyone has any advice on how I can set up a Kafka zookeeper/server on an
instance that receives messages from a Kafka Producer outside of the
private subnet. I have tried using the cluster launcher, but I feel like it
is not a best practice and only a temporary situation.

Thank you for the help!

Best,

Su