kafka-users mailing list archives

From Su She <suhsheka...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I run Kafka Producer in BG and then run a program that outputs to the console?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:44:12 GMT
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for asking multiple questions, but I am currently trying another
approach to run a kafka producer.

1) I started the kafka console producer as mentioned here in the background
(just added a & to the end of the producer script) :
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#introduction

2) I then ran a Java script that publishes messages to the console, like
Hello World, etc, but the messages did not get published (I know the
connection was set up as if I manually typed in messages, I was able to see
them in my consumer).

3) Is this set up possible?

Thanks!

-Su