kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gene Robichaux <Gene.Robich...@match.com>
Subject RE: kafka monitoring
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:57:22 GMT
Is there a firewall between your DEV and PROD environments? If so you will need to open access
on all ports, not just JMX port.

It gets complicated with JMX.....

Gene Robichaux
Manager, Database Operations
Match.com
8300 Douglas Avenue I Suite 800 I Dallas, TX  75225

-----Original Message-----
From: Sa Li [mailto:salicn@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 1:09 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: kafka monitoring

Hello, All

I understand many of you are using jmxtrans along with graphite/ganglia to pull out metrics,
according to https://kafka.apache.org/081/ops.html,  it says "The easiest way to see the available
metrics to fire up jconsole and point it at a running kafka client or server; this will all
browsing all metrics with JMX. .."

I tried to fire up a jconsole on windows attempting to access our dev and production cluster
which are running good, here is the main node of my dev:
10.100.75.128, broker port:9092, zk port:2181

Jconsole shows:

 New Connection
Remote Process:

Username:            Password:

Sorry about my naive, I tried connect base on above ip just can't be connected, do I need
to do something in dev server to be able to make it work?

thanks

--

Alec Li