kafka-users mailing list archives

From Zijing Guo <alter...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Can't send a keyedMessage to brokers with partitioner.class=kafka.producer.DefaultPartitioner
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:57:19 GMT
Anyone would like to give some help? Can't send a keyedMessage to brokers with partitioner.class=kafka.producer.DefaultPartitioner

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Can't send a keyedMessage to brokers with partitioner.cl...I have a 2 nodes kafka cluster
with 2 instances of brokers and zookeepers. And then I create a topic kafka-test with 2 partitions
and replication-factor =2. My prod... |
|  |
| View on stackoverflow.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

     On Sunday, February 8, 2015 4:18 AM, Zijing Guo <altergzj@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

 Hi,I have a 2 nodes kafka cluster with 2 instances of brokers and zookeepers. And then I
create a topic kafka-test with 2 partitions and replication-factor =2. My producer config
is:                      {"partitioner.class" "kafka.producer.DefaultPartitioner"
                    "metadata.broker.list" "172.32.1.248:9092,172.32.1.251:9092"
                    "request.required.acks" "1"}
So for the DefaultPartitoner, it will calculate and hashvalue and divide by the num_partiton
to decide which partition the data it will go, so I create my keyedMessageval key-msg = KeyedMessage("kafka-test","a","test
message!")prod.send(key-msg)
"a"'s hashValue is 97 and 97 % 2 = 1, so the data should go to partition1. However, the data
did't get send to the brokers (I have a console consumer running that didn't receive any message
from this topic). If I create the key-msg without the key, it works fine
val key-msg = KeyedMessage("kafka-test","test message!")prod.send(key-msg)
Am I using the key wrong or anything?ThanksEdwin