kafka-users mailing list archives

From Cj <cjwool...@gmail.com>
Subject Poor performance consuming multiple topics
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:39:36 GMT

Hi Kafka team,

We have a use case where we need to consume from ~20 topics (each with 24 partitions), we
have a potential max message size of 20MB so we've set our consumer fetch.size to 20MB but
that's causing very poor performance on our consumer (most of our messages are in the 10-100k
range). Is it possible to set the fetch size to a lower number than the max message size and
gracefully handle larger messages (as a trapped exception for example) in order to improve
our throughput?

Thank you in advance for your help
CJ Woolard