kafka-users mailing list archives

From Snehalata Nagaje <snehalata.nag...@harbingergroup.com>
Subject How to fetch old messages from kafka
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 05:18:46 GMT

Hi ,

We are using kafka for storing messages in chat application.

Currently we divided each topic in multiple partitions. each partition stores data for given
customer who uses the application.

Right now on very first request, application fetches log from kafka from earliest valid offset
to maxiumum 100000 bytes. hence it reads all messages for given topic

for given partition. Now we want to apply pagination as linkedin, facebook does. Only latest
10-15 messages should be displayed. And then on scroll down

fetch next set of previous messages, we are using Simple consumer to fetch messages.

Can you please guide on this?

Thanks,
Snehalata