kafka-users mailing list archives

From Thunder Stumpges <tstump...@ntent.com>
Subject RE: Turning on cleanup.policy=compact for a topic => not starting cleanup ?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 23:37:28 GMT
Thanks Joel for the quick turnaround!

1st, I took a look at "max-dirty-percent" and noticed it is "100", so that's a good sign that
it *should* have something to clean.

2nd, I didn't realize the cleaner messages went to a different log! However I have NO log-cleaner.log
file in the normal logs directory. It does seem to be configured in log4j (we haven't changed
any of the defaults here):

log4j.appender.cleanerAppender=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.cleanerAppender.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH
log4j.appender.cleanerAppender.File=log-cleaner.log
log4j.appender.cleanerAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.cleanerAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] %p %m (%c)%n

log4j.logger.kafka.log.LogCleaner=INFO, cleanerAppender
log4j.additivity.kafka.log.LogCleaner=false

3rd, no messages using compaction, all messages have a key.

So, lastly the thread dump. Not sure exactly how to do that or what thread I'd be looking
for specifically... Found a suggestion to run

Jstack -l <JAVA_PID> > jstack.out

So I did that, and looked for anything containing "Clean" or "clean" and no matches.

I will be trying to set the log level for LogCleaner to debug to see if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance,
Thunder