kafka-users mailing list archives

From Xinyi Su <xiny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not found NewShinyProducer sync performance metrics
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 03:49:17 GMT
Hi,

I try to use  Jconsole to connect  remote Kafka broker which is running
behind a firewall. But it is blocked by the firewall.

I can specify JMX registry port by set JMX_PORT=xxxx which is allowed by
firewall, but I cannot specify the "ephemeral" port which is always chosen
randomly at startup. This ephemeral port is which JMX RMI server listens on
and through which actual data exchange takes place. It is randomly assigned
and I have no way to specify it as some port which firewall does not block.

How to solve this issue since I cannot access Jconsole because of firewall?

Thanks.
Xinyi