kafka-users mailing list archives

From tao xiao <xiaotao...@gmail.com>
Subject createMessageStreams vs createMessageStreamsByFilter
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:02:58 GMT
Hi team,

I am comparing the differences between
ConsumerConnector.createMessageStreams
and ConsumerConnector.createMessageStreamsByFilter. My understanding is
that createMessageStreams creates x number of threads (x is the number of
threads passed in to the method) dedicated to the specified topic
while createMessageStreamsByFilter creates x number of threads shared by
topics specified by TopicFilter. Is it correct?

If this is the case I assume createMessageStreams is the preferred way to
create streams for each topic if I have high throughput and low latency
demands. is my assumption correct?

--
Regards,
Tao