kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jagbir Hooda <jho...@gmail.com>
Subject How to delete defunct topics
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:38:27 GMT
First I would like to take this opportunity to thank this group for
releasing 0.8.2.0. It's a major milestone with a rich set of features.
Kudos to all the contributors! We are still running 0.8.1.2 and are
planning to upgrade to 0.8.2.0. While planning this upgrade we
discovered many topics that are no longer active and best be deleted.
Since it would be a common task faced by many kafka adopters I thought
I'd raise it here and seek expert advise. Basically what we desire is
a utility/script/steps to first identify the defunct topics (let's say
those topics that haven't seen any traffic in the past 'n' days) and
then delete them. Will appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Jagbir