kafka-users mailing list archives

From Steven Wu <stevenz...@gmail.com>
Subject could new java producer miss callbacks after successful send?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 01:19:08 GMT
We observed some small discrepancy in messages sent per second reported at
different points. 1) and 4) matches very close. 2) and 3) matches very
close but are about *5-6% lower* compared to 1) and 4).
1) send attempt from producer
2) send success from producer
3) record-send-rate reported by kafka producer
4) MessagesInPerSecond reported by kafka broker

note that send success for 2) is incremented when onCompletion is called
without error/exception). there is also a send error count when
onCompletion is called with error. it is always zero.

that's why I am wondering whether there are some callback misses?

some info about the setup
* producer: 0.8.2-beta
* broker: 0.8.1.1
* acks=1