kafka-users mailing list archives

From 俞忠静 <yuzhongj...@bianfeng.com>
Subject Kafka broker failed to work when migrating the broker to another machine
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:37:07 GMT
Hi,

I set up a Kafka cluster with 5 brokers, with the broker ids 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
I stop the node whose broke id is 4, and deploy a new broker in a new machine with the broker
id 4.
But I find the new broker failed to work, it never appears in ISR.

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 3] ls /kafka/test2/brokers/ids
[3, 2, 1, 0, 4]

from zk, we can see the broker 4 has joined the cluster

[hadoop@slave01 bin]$ ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 192.168.135.102/kafka/test2 --topic log_error
--describe
Topic:log_error PartitionCount:1        ReplicationFactor:3     Configs:
        Topic: log_error        Partition: 0    Leader: 0       Replicas: 1,4,0 Isr: 0,1

we can see 4 never appear in ISR

below is the content in kafka log dir:

[yuzhongjing@localhost kafka-logs]$ ll
total 0
-rw-rw-r-- 1 yuzhongjing yuzhongjing 0 Mar  2 16:24 recovery-point-offset-checkpoint
-rw-rw-r-- 1 yuzhongjing yuzhongjing 0 Mar  2 16:24 replication-offset-checkpoint
[yuzhongjing@localhost kafka-logs]$ date
Mon Mar  2 19:18:00 CST 2015