kafka-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Moreno <...@max2.com>
Subject Re: Which node do you send data to?
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 05:05:06 GMT
Hi Spencer,

You can configure your producers with a list of brokers. You can add all, but usually at least
two of the brokers in your cluster.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Moreno

On Mar 6, 2015, at 23:43, Spencer Owen <sowen@netdocuments.com<mailto:sowen@netdocuments.com>>
wrote:

I've setup a kafka cluster with 3 nodes.

Which node should I push the data to? I would normally push to kafka01, but if that node goes
down, then the entire cluster goes down.

How have other people solved this. Maybe a nginx reverse proxy?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28911410/which-node-should-i-push-data-to-in-a-cluster
This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and
any attachments.

Warning: All email sent to this address will be received by the NetDocuments corporate e-mail
system and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient.

The services to which this email (or any email in reply or to which this email replies) relates
are provided solely by NetDocuments and NetDocuments has no responsibility for the services
to which this email relates (or any email in reply or to which this email replies).