kafka-users mailing list archives

From Josh Rader <jrader...@gmail.com>
Subject Database Replication Question
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 23:15:08 GMT
Hi Kafka Experts,

We have a use case around RDBMS replication where we are investigating
Kafka.  In this case ordering is very important.  Our understanding is
ordering is only preserved within a single partition.  This makes sense as
a single thread will consume these messages, but our question is can we
somehow parallelize this for better performance?   Is there maybe some
partition key strategy trick to have your cake and eat it too in terms of
keeping ordering, but also able to parallelize the processing?

I am sorry if this has already been asked, but we tried to search through
the archives and couldn’t find this response.

Thanks,

Josh