kafka-users mailing list archives

From Corey Nolet <cjno...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Batching at the socket layer
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 17:10:36 GMT
I'm curious what type of batching Kafka producers do at the socket layer.
For instance, if I have a partitioner that round robin's n messages to a
different partition, am I guaranteed to get n different messages sent over
the socket or is there some micro-batching going on underneath?

I am trying to understand the semantics of the default partitioner and why
it sticks to partitions for 10 minutes. If I were to lower that interval to
1sec, would I acheive better batching that I would if I was to completely
round-robin each message to a different partition?