kafka-users mailing list archives

From Aditya Auradkar <aaurad...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Kafka - preventing message loss
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:47:59 GMT
You can use the min.insync.replicas topic level configuration in this case. It must be used
with acks=-1 which is a producer config.

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#topic-config

Aditya

From: Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam [sankarmail@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:07 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Kafka - preventing message loss

I am trying to setup a cluster where messages should never be lost once it
is published. Say if I have 3 brokers, and if I configure the replicas to
be 3 also, and if I consider max failures as 1, and I can achieve the above
requirement. But when I post a message, how do I prevent kafka from
accepting messages if there is only one server in this case? I see there is
an option to specify "acks" to be all. I am not sure how does it work?

Thanks & Regards,