kafka-users mailing list archives

From Patrick McBryde <patr...@curalate.com>
Subject Side-by-side migration for 0.7 to 0.8
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 00:48:13 GMT
Hello,
Does anyone have tips or advice for side-by-side migration from 0.7 to 0.8
clusters? We're in the process of migrating, and are bringing up our 0.8
cluster and first producer & consumer now. We're running into issues with
getting the 0.7 and 0.8 jar's to play nice, as it seems like there's no way
to do a piecemeal migration since the two jar's cannot coexist in a
project. So we can't connect to our existing ops infrastructure, can't
build tests side by side, etc.

Our current plan is to bring up a small service which enqueues onto our 0.8
cluster to abstract 0.8 away from our existing infrastructure, and at some
point migrate all producers and consumers in one go. This feels like a very
risky method for a migration of production resources, though, so we're
hoping somebody has a better method for getting the two API versions to
work together.

Thanks,
Patrick