kafka-users mailing list archives

From Todd Palino <tpal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increasing replication factor of existing topics
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 13:50:15 GMT
The partition reassignment is started by writing a zookeeper node in the
admin tree. While it's possible to kick off the partition reassignment by
writing the zookeeper node that controls it directly, you have to be very
careful about doing this, making sure that the format is perfect and you
perform all the same checks that the command line tool does. If you're
asking if you can just change the /brokers/topics/* znodes directly, the
answer is no.

-Todd