kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pavel B┼żoch <pbz...@gmail.com>
Subject Automatic recreation of the topic after the topic was deleted
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:41:30 GMT
Hi all,
I have a question about automatic re-/creation of the topic. I started my
broker with property "auto.create.topics.enable " set to true. Then I tried
to produce some messages to non-existing topic. From the broker log, I saw
that the topic was created. Then I deleted this topic using
AdminUtils.deleteTopic method. When I listed all topics, my topics didn't
exist. Then I send another batch of messages to this topics, but the topic
wasn't created for this time. Is this standard behaviour of the kafka?
Thanks for response in advance.

Regards,
Pavel Bzoch