kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sivananda Reddy <sivananda2...@gmail.com>
Subject Design questions related to kafka
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:37:13 GMT
Hi,

    # I looked the documents of kafka and I see that there is no way a
consume instance can
       read specific messages from partition.
    # I have an use case where I need to spawn a topic(single partition)
for each user,
       so there would be 10k online users at a time, there would be very
less data per topic.
       My questions is, what are limitations of having multiple topics(with
1 partition), I think
       this situation would cause heavy memory consumption and are they any
other limitations?.
       Basically the problem boils down to what are the scalability
limitations of having
       multiple topics(hardware/software)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,