kafka-users mailing list archives

From Rajiv Kurian <ra...@signalfuse.com>
Subject What is the expected way to deal with out of space on brokers
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 19:09:49 GMT
I have had some brokers die because of lack of disk space. The logs for all
partitions were way higher (5G+) than I would have expected given the how I
 configured them for (100 MB size AND 1h rollover).

What is the recommended way of recovering from this error. Should I delete
certain log files and try restarting again?

What is a good way for me to figure out if my configuration is actually
being respected. Since I don't have any topic specific configurations I
could not get this information directly from zookeeper.

Thanks,
Rajiv