kafka-users mailing list archives

From <pradeep.si...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: What is the expected way to deal with out of space on brokers
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 04:00:06 GMT
Hi All,

I tried lot to unsubscribe from this list, even I send several e-mails. Please unsubscribe
from this list, since mailbox is getting filled.

Thanks,
pradeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajiv Kurian [mailto:rajiv@signalfuse.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 12:40 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: What is the expected way to deal with out of space on brokers

I have had some brokers die because of lack of disk space. The logs for all partitions were
way higher (5G+) than I would have expected given the how I  configured them for (100 MB size
AND 1h rollover).

What is the recommended way of recovering from this error. Should I delete certain log files
and try restarting again?

What is a good way for me to figure out if my configuration is actually being respected. Since
I don't have any topic specific configurations I could not get this information directly from
zookeeper.

Thanks,
Rajiv
of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
www.wipro.com