kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Wang <jamie.w...@actuate.com>
Subject RE: Support https or ssl
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 20:34:37 GMT
Thank you Harsha for the reply. Will the patch work with 0.8.2.1? So the general logic is that
we write an agent that sends message via https and then may be a servlet using Kafka produce
class to authenticate with kafka server on ssl port and so on.... When will the full implementation
be available for GA? Thanks again.

Jamie

-----Original Message-----
From: Sriharsha Chintalapani [mailto:kafka@harsha.io]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 7:22 PM
To: Jamie Wang; users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Support https or ssl

Hi Jamie,
        I am currently working on providing ssl support for kafka. Here are the iras https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1690 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1684 .
If you are using REST api to front kafka producer than you can probably make that http server
to be on ssl.
--
Harsha

On May 7, 2015 at 7:07:58 PM, Jamie Wang (jamie.wang@actuate.com) wrote:

Hello,

It's been a while since my team worked on kafka related project. Btw, previous project using
Kafka worked wonderfully for us. Now I have requirement to use https or SSL. I am wondering
if the latest version has support for SSL. If not, what is the timeline this functionality
would supported and if there is any suggestion on what I can do in the interim to provide
a similar functionality using Kakfa. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Jamie