kafka-users mailing list archives

From Marina <ppi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka JMS metrics meaning
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:50:11 GMT
Hi,
I have enabled JMX_PORT for KAfka server and am trying to understand some of the metrics that
are being exposed. I have two questions:
1. what are the best metrics to monitor to quickly spot unhealthy Kafka cluster?
2. what do these metrics mean: ReplicaManager -> LeaderCount ? and ReplicaManager ->
PartitionCount ?I have three topics created, with one partition each, and replication = 1,
however the values for both of the above attributes is "53".... So I am not sure what the
count '53' means here....
thanksMarina