kafka-users mailing list archives

From Santiago <wxl...@126.com>
Subject Kafka client API cannot work
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 02:09:02 GMT
Hi:

You've said that in wiki page http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#producerapi:
As of the 0.8.2 release we encourage all new development to use the new Java producer. This
client is production tested and generally both faster and more fully featured than the previous
Scala client.

But, actually, in new java consumer, we cannot get any data from kafka server. See following
code:

    public Map<String, ConsumerRecords<K,V>> poll(long timeout) {
        // TODO Auto-generated method stub
        return null;
    }

I think if you just support producer now, you should mention this in java doc. Without looking
at source code, we cannot get any message that consumer cannot work...

Of course, I should thanks for your hard work on such wonderful open source project. I just
want you should pay attention to the wiki and java doc, thanks.

--
Sincerely ´╝ÜSantiago
Best  wishs  for   your!