kafka-users mailing list archives

From Yu Yang <yuyan...@gmail.com>
Subject cannot make another partition reassignment due to the previous partition reassignment failure
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 02:45:21 GMT
HI,

We have a kafka 0.8.1.1 cluster. Recently I did a partition assignment for
some topic partitions in the cluster. Due to broker failure, the partition
reassignment failed. I cannot do another partition assignment now, and
always get errors as follows. How can we work around this? I have tried
google for answers, but did not succeed.

Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in
progress for Map(). Aborting operation
kafka.common.AdminCommandFailedException: Partition reassignment currently
in progress for Map(). Aborting operation
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.reassignPartitions(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:204)
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand$.executeAssignment(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:124)
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand$.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:49)
at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala)

Thanks!

Regards,
Yu