kafka-users mailing list archives

From ankit tyagi <ankittyagi.mn...@gmail.com>
Subject callback handler is not getting called if cluster is down
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 07:27:45 GMT
Hi,

we are using .8.2.0 broker and default async producer to send the message*.
we recently found out that if whole cluster gets down then callback handler
is not getting called while we are getting below exception continuously*

*12:36:41,267# WARN  [Selector] - Error in I/O with localhost/127.0.0.1
<http://127.0.0.1>java.net.ConnectException: Connection refusedat
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)*
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:739)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.poll(Selector.java:238)
at org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient.poll(NetworkClient.java:192)
at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.Sender.run(Sender.java:191)
at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.Sender.run(Sender.java:122)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I want to know is there any way I can catch to figure out cluster is
down problematically  and log all the failed message so that it can be
retry later after cluster state changes.