kafka-users mailing list archives

From Achanta Vamsi Subhash <achanta.va...@flipkart.com>
Subject Re: Is trunk safe for production?
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 19:31:01 GMT
@Gwen
I want to patch this JIRA <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1865>
to 0.8.2.1. So, I was thinking instead of patching it can we run it against
the trunk as I see other producer changes also pushed to trunk. We are
facing latency problems with the current producer (sent out a separate mail
reg this) and hence want to try these patches.
Other than these, I do apply patches like this JIRA
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1977> to track offsets of
high-level-consumers.etc. which might or might-not get merged to solve our
use-cases for now.
But it is definitely not for cutting-edge stuff as I don't want to loose
sleep due to bugs on production. Hence this email :)

@Joel/others
I have gone through the producer changes and I see there are many changes
in the trunk after 0.8.2.1. Can you once look at my other email reg.
latencies. If the patches solves my problem I am ready to apply them from
trunk and test it on stage (with our load and use-cases) and then
production.

--
Regards
Vamsi Subhash