kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mike Bridge <m...@bridgecanada.com>
Subject Re: QuickStart OK locally, but getting "WARN Property topic is not valid" and LeaderNotAvailableException remotely
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 21:46:03 GMT
Ok, I've finally figured this out---it was a firewall/routing issue, but
between zookeeper and the broker on the same machine, not between my client
and the machine hosting zookeeper and the broker.  Zookeeper uses the
external IP address it receives from the advertised.host.name to connect
back to the broker.  So everything worked when it was not set---I think it
must default to localhost---but it the two couldn't communicate when it was
connecting to the broker on same machine via its external IP.

I added a route so that outgoing traffic that is destined for the same
machine's external NAT address will route back locally to itself.  That
seems to work.

Thanks,

-Mike