kafka-users mailing list archives

From Scott Thibault <scott.thiba...@multiscalehn.com>
Subject Broker holding all files open
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:47:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm running into the common issue of too many files open by the broker.
While increasing the open file limit is a short-term work around, I need a
long-term solution.  I have a Kafka mirror that is keeping log segments for
long periods of time and the number of files is potentially unbounded.

Is there some way to prevent the broker from holding an open descriptor for
every file?

--Scott Thibault

--
*This e-mail is not encrypted.  Due to the unsecured nature of unencrypted
e-mail, there may be some level of risk that the information in this e-mail