kafka-users mailing list archives

From Piotr HusiatyƄski <...@optiopay.com>
Subject Kafka topic registration documentation.
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 11:33:58 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if the process of new topic registration is described
somewhere. I'm using Go client to talk to kafka cluster and it would
be awesome to ensure topic existence. I know there is auto creation
configuration flag, but using this there is no way to use custom
configuration for every topic.
Is there some documentation what has to be done in order to ensure
topic existence? Right now I'm using command line tool shipped with
kafka binary, but I would prefer to be able to do this without jvm
requirement.