kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joel Koshy <jjkosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some problem abort isrshrinkrate
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 06:08:05 GMT
I'm assuming you mean you shut down the follower and the leader did
not reflect this in isr shrink-rate. I think the reason for this is
that the controller would have sent a leaderAndIsr request to the
(existing leader) with the shrunk ISR.

On the (redundant) leader transition the leader updates the ISR (i.e.,
shrinks) but does not mark the shrink-rate meter. We currently only
mark the meter if the follower is slow/stuck. If it is down, then the
controller may detect that and send the leaderAndIsr request before
the ISR shrink-thread gets a chance to detect and shrink the ISR.

We should mark the ISR shrink when receiving a leaderAndIsr request
from the controller with a shrunk ISR - I filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2309 for this.

Thanks,

Joel

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 12:07:46AM +0800, taosheng53 wrote:
> hello,
>        when i use jmx to monitor kafka, i find the value of the isrshrinkrate always
0,never change when one broker has been shutdown.(i have a cluster containing three nodes),i
want to know if there is some problem?