kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jan Filipiak <Jan.Filip...@trivago.com>
Subject Questions regarding Kafka-1477
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 23:46:46 GMT
Hi,

just out of curiosity and because of Eugene's email, I browsed
Kafka-1477 and it talks about SSL alot. So I thought I might throw in
this http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7568 RFC. It basically says move away
from SSL now and only do TLS. The title of the ticket still mentions TLS
but afterwards its only SSL, haven't looked at any patches or library
code so I can't really judge what's going on.

Further I found people starting to talk about sendfile(2) TLS support,
here for example https://people.freebsd.org/~rrs/asiabsd_2015_tls.pd
<https://people.freebsd.org/%7Errs/asiabsd_2015_tls.pd>f. So maybe we
can keep this door open that at some point the Kernel will be able to do
TLS for us?

(