kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject Any tool to easily fetch a single message or a few messages starting from a given offset then exit after fetching said count of messages?
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2015 00:20:03 GMT
Hi,

I notice the kafka-console-consumer.sh script has option to fetch a max #
of messages, which can be 1 or more, and then exit. Which is nice. But as a
high level consumer, it's missing option to fetch from given offset other
than earliest & latest offsets.

Is there any off the shelf tool (CLI, simple script, etc.) that I can use
to fetch 1 or more messages from a given offset of some topic as a
consumer, then exit? Or do I have to write my own tool to do this from any
of the kafka libraries in various languages? If the later, is there any
where I can whip one up in fewest lines possible? I don't want to have to
read up and spend time crafting up a tool for this if I don't have to.

Wish this feature was already built in to the kafka toolchain.

Regards,
David