kafka-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Schierbeck <daniel.schierb...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Kafka as a persistent store
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:46:48 GMT
I'd like to use Kafka as a persistent store – sort of as an alternative to
HDFS. The idea is that I'd load the data into various other systems in
order to solve specific needs such as full-text search, analytics, indexing
by various attributes, etc. I'd like to keep a single source of truth,
however.

I'm struggling a bit to understand how I can configure a topic to retain
messages indefinitely. I want to make sure that my data isn't deleted. Is
there a guide to configuring Kafka like this?