kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Gong <j.gon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Launch Kafka/Zookeeper servers without using command line
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 17:09:39 GMT
To follow up and provide a little more context on my second bullet point,
when I run any command for the first time on command line that requires
connecting to this code instantiated ZK server I get the specific error:

> bin/kafka-topics.sh --list --zookeeper localhost:2181

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:739)

at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)

at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)

But after that it looks like a reconnect is attempted, which succeeds and
I'll get a list of my topics or my console consumer will succeed, etc. If I
were to run any of those commands a second time, this error then
disappears. Anyone have any ideas?