kafka-users mailing list archives

From Emanuele Blanco <emanuele.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject failing to fetch topic metadata
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2015 09:32:56 GMT
Hi,

When trying to send a message to a local Kafka (created via
KafkaServerStartable), I'm getting loads of

 (Logging.scala:83) - Error while fetching metadata [{TopicMetadata for
topic test_topic ->
No partition metadata for topic test_topic due to
kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException}] for topic [test_topic]: class
kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException

and I'm failing to send the message. I started ZooKeeper using
NIOServerCnxnFactory and a standalone ZooKeeperServer. I set
advertised.host.name in the Kafka properties and I've been using 127.0.0.1
everywhere instead of localhost to avoid ipv6 problems.

>From what I can see from the logs though - available at
https://gist.github.com/manub/06b5beedf6ece9701655 - the topic is created,
but somehow I'm not able to get the metadata while sending a message.

Any suggestions in what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks

Emanu
​​
ele Blanco