kafka-users mailing list archives

From Craig Ching <craigch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High CPU Usage on 0.8.2.1
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 17:18:25 GMT
So I found the culprit.  On the storm-kafka spout there is a setting:

topology.sleep.spout.wait.strategy.time.ms

this setting defaults to 1ms.  Changing it dramatically decreases CPU in
kafka and storm.  Does anyone here know anything about this?  Should this
be able to peg Kafka's CPU usage?  I'm also going to ask on the storm list
about this setting.

Cheers,
Craig