kafka-users mailing list archives

From Chandrashekhar Kotekar <shekhar.kote...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka brokers on HTTP port
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 02:35:08 GMT
Thanks  a lot Ewen and Edward for your valuable answers. According to new
update from admin side, they can allow TCP only connections on Kafka
brokers.

Now another problem is that we want to keep Kafka brokers in AWS so that
kafka brokers can be auto scaled in/out. As most of instances in AWS do not
have public IP addresses, first we have to assign public IP to all Kafka
brokers and keep them visible over internet.

I would like to know if there will be any security issue like DoS attack or
malicious user sending Kafka messages or something like that?

Thanks,
Chandrash3khar Kotekar
Mobile - +91 8600011455