kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mike Bridge <m...@bridgecanada.com>
Subject Re: Trying to access Kafka behind NAT, java.io.BrokenPipe error
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 02:46:44 GMT
If it's the case that zookeeper can't access the brokers at their
advertised addresses (and it's just a guess---you could test it by
telnetting from zookeeper to your broker's externalip+port), you might be
able to get away with adding a route so that the traffic avoids going out
to your firewall.

I set Kafka up on two separate NAT networks and that was the default
security setting for both....

It would be nice to have two separate settings---one that Zookeeper uses to
advertise the brokers, and another that it uses to contact the brokers.