kafka-users mailing list archives

From JIEFU GONG <jg...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Sending a list of ProducerRecords
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 23:57:55 GMT
Hi,

Currently attempting to use v 0.8.2 and write my own producer, and I was
wondering if it is still possible/beneficial to be able to send a list of
ProducerRecords as opposed to only a single one at a time? Examining the
API it seems like org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.KafkaProducer does not
have the ability to send multiple producerRecords using one send call.

However, in the producer under javaapi, it's possible to send a list of
keyedMessages. Can someone explain the difference or point me in the right
direction? Much appreciated.

--

Jiefu Gong
University of California, Berkeley | Class of 2017

jgong@berkeley.edu <eliselim@berkeley.edu> | (925) 400-3427