kafka-users mailing list archives

From Allen Wang <aw...@netflix.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka High Level Consumer Message Loss?
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2015 03:29:22 GMT
We have two applications that consume all messages from one Kafka cluster.
We found that the MessagesPerSec metric started to diverge after some time.
One of them matches the MessagesInPerSec metric from the Kafka broker,
while the other is lower than the broker metric and appears to have some
message loss.

Both of them have the same OwnedPartitionsCount.

Both of them have 0 MaxLag.

How is that possible? Anything we should look at? Is the MaxLag metric not
telling the truth?

Thanks,
Allen