kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Otto <ao...@wikimedia.org>
Subject Controlled Shutdown Tool?
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:42:20 GMT
I’m working on packaging 0.8.2.1 for Wikimedia, and in doing so I’ve noticed that kafka.admin.ShutdownBroker
doesn’t exist anymore.  From what I can tell, this has been intentionally removed in favor
of a JMX(?) config “controlled.shutdown.enable”.  It is unclear from the documentation
how one is supposed to set this for a running broker.  Do I need a special JMX tool in order
to flick this switch?  I’d like to add a command to my kafka bin wrapper script so that
I can easily use this when restarting brokers.

What is the proper way to set controlled.shutdown.enable?

Thanks!
-Andrew Otto